2

Spy Shots: Beijing Auto Working On Electric Mini Car For China

Published on June 20, 2016 by Joey Wang

Spy Shots: Beijing Auto Working On Electric Mini Car For China

Spy Shots showing a new electric mini car for China by Beijing Auto. It doesn’t seem quite finished yet, check the tape on the A-pillar and the simple gray dash, but it will be launched on the Chinese car market sometime late this year. The yet nameless vehicle will be manufactured by BAIC BJEV, a subsidiary of the Beijing Auto Industry Corporation (BAIC) that makes electric cars.




bj-mini-ev-2

BAIC BJEV has some autonomy; BAIC only owns 60% of he company. The other 40% of the shares are divided among other shareholders, including LeEco, the creator of the LeSEE electric super sedan.

Currently, BAIC BJEV sells the EU160 and the successful EV160/200 series. The company is also making an electric variant of the D70, but that car isn’t really available on the market, and they are also working on the EH400, an electric variant of the illusionary Senova D80.

Back now to the new mini car. It will be powered by an electric motor with an output of 41hp. Size: 3672/1630/1495, wheelbase is 2360 and curb weight 1085 kilo. That’s all we know for know.

2 comments

Add Comment
  1. electrive.net » Kaufprämie, Mini, Kia, Energica, Skoda, BAIC.- June 23, 2016 Reply

    […] Neues E-SUV von BAIC: Ein bislang noch unbekanntes Klein-SUV mit vollelektrischem Antrieb von BAIC wurde ebenfalls fotografiert. Es soll noch in diesem Jahr auf den chinesischen Markt kommen. carnewschina.com […]

  2. Mini, Daimler, Tesla, Mitsubishi, BAIC, Energica. – Movenergy- June 23, 2016 Reply

    […] New electric SUV from BAIC: An unknown mini SUV from BAIC with a fully electric drive has been caught on camera. It is said to launch in China before the end of the year. carnewschina.com […]

Leave a Reply

Are you real? * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.